Please write a message about BIRD,JAZZ,etc...
BIRD Chasers (English Ver.)
Home Japanese Version. Japanese Ver.(translated into English powered by Google)
Past log ( Mar.14, 1999 - Nov. 3, 2009 ) 5 4 3 2 1
- No.178: unheard bird d-cd
- surprisingly my copy of the double cd arrives today. no time to hear something but it looks great!!!! :D
- No.177: where&when?: goodbye
- according to phil schaap, the date is 11. february 1951 !!
it was Long under the date of 23. october 1950 (session B - last set).
- No.176: Where & When ? : Goodbye
- I found out 2 datas regarding "Goodbye".
which is correct ?
1. unknown location Oct. 20th, 1950
2. Pershing Hotel Ballroom Oct. 23rd, 1950
Help me Anyone, please !
- No.175: 18yo Charlie Parker playing photo
- 18yo Charlie Parker playing alto saxphone photo was discovered by Chack Haddix.
The drummer is Jesse Price?
- Bird at the Jelly Joint Jam c.1938
- No.174: Re: new jazz book
- Hi Barbara!
Thank you for interesting information.
Has Charlie Parker ever performed in Newark throughout his life?
- No.173: new jazz book
- so the Price of your book goes 1 Dollar up inbetween 3 minutes...
14/02/21(Fri)23:02:25 Barbara Kukla
- No.172: No-Title
- Thought your members would be interested in my new book, America's Music: Jazz in Newark which includes more than 40 references to Duke -- remembrances, ties to Newark, etc. It's a sequel to Swing City: Newark Nighlife, 1925-50, produced by Temple U Press in 1991. America's Music(324 pp., hard cover) includes 90 historic photos plus a Who's Who of Newark jazz. It's $30 per copy, including postage in the US, more elseqhere. For an order blank, contact me at email@example.com.
14/02/21(Fri)22:59:57 Barbara Kukla
- No.171: New Jazz Book
- Thought your members would be interested in my new book, America's Music: Jazz in Newark which includes more than 40 references to Bird -- remembrances, ties to Newark, etc. It's a sequel to Swing City: Newark Nightlife, produced by Temple in 1991. America's Music (324 pp., hard cover) includes 90 historic photos plus a Who's Who of Newark jazz. It's $29 per copy, including postage in the US, more elsewhere. For an order blank, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No.170: Unissued Bird!
- love to hear this two tracks!!!
- No.169: Unissued Bird!
- See page48 of Chuck Haddix's new book "Bird: The Life and Music of Charlie Parker".
He stated unissued recording's existence of Jay Mcshann band including Bird in 02/06/41!!!
And says Bird played solo on "Margie" and "I'm Getting Sentimental over You".
- No.168: NPR Segment on the new Crouch book
- NPR's Weekend Edition Saturday ran a piece about Kansas City Lightning. Here's a link to it, where you can read, hear, or download the segment. It also offers a sneek peak at the book.
- No.167: new books about bird
I ordered both books!
- No.166: N. Y. Times Book Review of Kansas City Lightning
- Re: My earlier post.
Below, is a link to a review of the new book, published yesterday. It's not your average biography.
- No.165: another new book about bird
- yes,and chuck haddix has also written a book about the life and Music of bird. look and listen here:
- No.164: New Book on Bird's Early Years
- Stanley Crouch has written a new book called "Kansas City Lighting: The Rise and Times of Charlie Parker". It's the first of two books. Here's a link to a New York Times notice that has a podcast of an an interview with the author.